Certification by a governing industry organization ensures that a practitioner possesses a level of knowledge which has been deemed by an group of peers as sufficient to carry out their job.
ASIS Physical Security Professional
For security professionals, the ASIS PSP® certification certifies a body of knowledge covering the following domains essential for design of security solutions:
- Physical security assessment
- Application, design, and integration of physical security systems
- Implementation of physical security measures
Training completed ensures active engagement in both the technical expertise and capabilities of a practicioner.
Professional in Critical Infrastructure Protection
Protecting critical infrastructure goes beyond a simple threat assessment, but requires a complete understanding of a capability, its dependencies, and how each component is affected.
Trained individuals who complete the week-long course, practicum, and exam are capable of:
- Analyzing an organization to determine its inherent risk
- Use an all-hazards approach to determine threats to the organization
- Examine both protection and resilience measures and determine mitigation options
- Analyze options to mitigate threats and determine costs and residual risk
- Recommend sustainable costed options
- Present findings and recommendations in auditable format
Ability to obtain clearance and execute projects requiring reliability and secret clearance(s).